Hello! This is my dumping ground for anything I feel like other people ought to be allowed to see. I've opted for a broad categorisation into Serious (themed red) and Silly (themed blue); this stuff tends to resist categorisation such that I end up with more categories than a schizophrenia patient's blog—this is probably due to my tendency to leave things lying around, each folder organised within itself but none of it organised terribly thoroughly beyond that.
Serious here means that there's some sense of continuity and heritage. I'll generally do what I can to keep anything in this category organised, and there's almost always some overarching storyline.
- If you feel nosy and want to know more about me, or are impressed by my website and are thinking of employing me, you can take a gander at my CV - that's a résumé to you Americans. (Fair warning: it may not be quite what you're expecting. There's a longer explanation inside.)
- I wrote a short essay on Steam for Linux and the large backlog of Windows-only games it's wearing around its neck, after feeling frustrated with peoples' responses to my request for integrating Wine as a compatibility layer for those games.
- The worst Let's Play ever? Spoilers: I don't think so, by a long chalk.
Silly means fire‐and‐forget—nothing here has any spectacular linking narrative, it's just whatever I felt like doing at some point and managed to bring to a state of something resembling completion.
- At the beginning of December Youtube changed their layout, breaking half a dozen or so features as per usual. I sifted through the crap on userscripts/userstyles and put together three scripts to fix the three things which were annoying me.
- A recurring question I get is which is my favourite Pokémon. I hate answering that question—there's six hundred and forty-nine, and you expect me to choose just one? I've boiled it down to a favourite per type per generation. (I based this on a template I got from deviantArt, but the original was so dire that I've made my own template available.)